Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Help us get our daughter back

My name is Scott Schjolin. My girlfriend ( Laurie Hammons) and I are going through court proceedings to get our daughter back.

We took our daughter to Simi Valley Hospital after noticing some slight swelling of her right elbow. They found the elbow had been broken. While taking additional x-rays, they learned that her left forearm had been fractured as well. The doctors there said they believe she has a bone disorder. She was transferred to Ventura County Hospital for surgery to repair her right elbow.

Other doctors there also said she had symptoms of a bone disorder called Osteogenisis Imperfecta (OI). Ventura Hospital also said they found two fractured ribs which the Simi doctors apparently missed. Only one doctor at Ventura said it was a non-accidental injury. That was the diagnosis that CPS decided to pursue. Now, Child Protective Services (CPS) is accusing us of child abuse.

We've hired attorney Kennith Warner to fight this case however he can only represent one of us. He his currently representing me (Scott). This all happened on the late evening of September 9th.

On September 14, 2007 the judge ordered CPS to place our daughter with a family member. As of today they have yet to comply.

We're looking for any kind of help we can get to get our daughter back. We are innocent of these allegations. We have a doctor that will do the tests for us however they are very expensive.

In the next week or two we will have an account set up to accept donations.

Please check back as we'll update this site with documentation from CPS, our attorney and medical reports as they become available. In the meantime, check out protectourfamilies.com for more information on OI.

2 comments:

Pagosa Wireless said...

I want to thank everyone who takes the time to read this site. Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to fight to get our daughter back.
Scott & Laurie

Anonymous said...

Dear Scott and Laurie,
My Heart goes out to you both!! I consider Laurie one of my Best friends and would give her the World if I could, after talking to her about Cheyenne, I have contacted My Pastor and I am trying to contact a few "friends" whome I have Met over the Past year while myself and my children were Homeless, These Friends have very high Connections and hopefully will Help with this, I love you guys and am willing to do anything to see my friend Glow again, her light has diminished and as I am sure yourself is also I am concerned, please be ready for some News of a good sort and NEVER forget there is always a light at the end of every tunnel.. I am posting your info on MySpace also in hopes that it goes Around the World!!! God works in Mysterious ways, and I believe he will make good things happen for the both of you!!!

Love always,
Jennie, Brandon, Chelsea, and Jimmy!!